Some Stroker Adjacent Questions

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: Some Stroker Adjacent Questions

Post by Cheromaniac »

Randy Bobandi wrote: June 8th, 2021, 6:27 pm
This is very important information. It's very important for new engine builders to understand that they can never have enough fuel system. This stock pump + 24 #/HR injector thing has to go. You see it constantly on every Jeep forum, folks complaining about the power of their new Jeep stroker engine. They all run stock pumps and 24 #/HR injectors. It's a wildly inadequate combination.
I ran Ford 24lb injectors and a stock pump in my strokered XJ for more than 12 years. Admittedly it was a mild combination making 200/258 at the rear wheels (246/311 at crank) but it worked and the engine ran great with excellent throttle response.
On a N/A stroker you don't need to go wild with the fuel pump choice. A Walbro 255lph unit is more than man enough for the job. As for injector sizing, 0.1lb/hr flow per crank hp gets you in the ballpark.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen:
Randy Bobandi
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!

Re: Some Stroker Adjacent Questions

Post by Randy Bobandi »

Cheromaniac wrote: June 8th, 2021, 11:38 pm
I ran Ford 24lb injectors and a stock pump in my strokered XJ for more than 12 years. Admittedly it was a mild combination making 200/258 at the rear wheels (246/311 at crank) but it worked and the engine ran great with excellent throttle response.
On a N/A stroker you don't need to go wild with the fuel pump choice. A Walbro 255lph unit is more than man enough for the job. As for injector sizing, 0.1lb/hr flow per crank hp gets you in the ballpark.
Yup, that makes perfect sense. 0.10 #/HR per HP is a good rule of thumb.