How much will a MLS head gasket compress?

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: How much will a MLS head gasket compress?

Post by SilverXJ »

There is only one in the .044" range. Posted in this thread and in the FAQ section.
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board
Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by shawnxj »

ok if anybody cares the fel-pro .042 mls head gasket set is the hs 26211 pt and it's for the 2004 grand cherokee limited. orielly's keeps them in stock for $149.99

the fel-pro .043 5/10's head gasket is used in head gasket sets 9076pt1 through 9076pt4 and it's for 92 to 99 jeeps. they're all composite and the head set costs from $56.99 for the pt1 to $136.99 for the pt4

the fel-pro .051 head gasket is used in the 9076pt set, it's for renix era jeeps and costs $63.99 at orielly's

ok now for my stupid question what's the difference between the composite and mls gasket. which is better for our strokers?
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by SilverXJ »

MLS is better
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board

Post by shawnxj »

care to elaborate?
Don H Jr
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Vehicle Year: 1994

Post by Don H Jr »

Asked and Answered so many times, except for prices on Felpro gaskets which I used when I rebuilt my head a few years ago, I didn't pay anything like the prices you quoted, and made sure it was one of their best before purchasing. You must be talking about another level of head gasket. I found many levels of Fel Pro stuff. I took my FP valve cover gasket back to NAPA once I saw it, got the one two steps better for around 40 buck range and been on there foryears w/ no leaks, no troubles.

I didn't read your post close enough tonight before sticking my foot in my mouth here. Been long day. There is extensive, pointed, clear answers allover the place on your questions, I just don't remember where at moment but more attentive brothers here on the site will remember and maybe guide you to the info. I''m an old fart and feel one coming on.

Gotta go.....................whew!

Don Jr.
Plechtan
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 5.0L 4x4
Vehicle Model: Comanche

Post by Plechtan »

shawnxj wrote:ok if anybody cares the fel-pro .042 mls head gasket set is the hs 26211 pt and it's for the 2004 grand cherokee limited. orielly's keeps them in stock for $149.99

the fel-pro .043 5/10's head gasket is used in head gasket sets 9076pt1 through 9076pt4 and it's for 92 to 99 jeeps. they're all composite and the head set costs from $56.99 for the pt1 to $136.99 for the pt4

the fel-pro .051 head gasket is used in the 9076pt set, it's for renix era jeeps and costs $63.99 at orielly's

ok now for my stupid question what's the difference between the composite and mls gasket. which is better for our strokers?

The part number 26211pt is available seperately (not in a set) for about $36.00
Peter Lechtanski
The worlds Fastest Comanche Prroject
shawnxj
I love this board
I love this board

Post by shawnxj »

ya i just listed the sets because who needs to buy just 1 gasket? might as well save money and buy the whole set right?