jet stage 2 on a 4.6 stroker

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
Wee Willy
Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

jet stage 2 on a 4.6 stroker

Post by Wee Willy »

Hi I am new to the stroker world, well as far as jeeps go anyway, and was just wondering what well happen with my jet stage 2 chip when my 4.6 is done? Well it be worth while to run it or just put it on the shelf, as of right now i am running a 93 cherokee 4.0L with airaid cold air intake, 1" poweraid tb spacer,Jet stage 2 chip and a 2.5" exhaust. I well be putting a bank's header on when i put the stroker in the heep as well.
So all in all is will the chip be a pro or con with the stroker? thank you for your time and input!
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996

Re: jet stage 2 on a 4.6 stroker

Post by gradon »

It's gonna depend on how high a compression build you have. When you use the stage 2 chip, it advances the timing, and they require you to use premium gas to prevent pinging. My high comp build requires premium fuel to not ping. Using my stage 2 chip makes it ping 1/4 throttle starting at 2K, so needless to say I don't use it. If you had a 9.0:1scr and 7.5:1dcr build you could probably use it. Give it a go, but if you hear the ping, pull it.
Wee Willy
Vehicle Year: 1993

Post by Wee Willy »

thank you for the reply as for the cr i'm trying for well be around 9.5:1 in that ball park, I like the numbers of the low buck 4.6 build for my style of driving and wheeling they should be nice.
I already run "high test " gas in all my vehicles as i find there is a fare amount of water in the lower grade fuels in the area where i live and high test just burns better in the end anyway!
So thanks again for your reply and when i put the motor back in in the spring ill try it after the break in period and see what i think.
:cheers:
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

Wee Willy wrote:Hi I am new to the stroker world, well as far as jeeps go anyway, and was just wondering what well happen with my jet stage 2 chip when my 4.6 is done? Well it be worth while to run it or just put it on the shelf?
I've had first hand experience of the JET Stage 2 on my old 4.0 and on my 4.6 stroker. My advice would be either to sell it or dump it in the trash where it belongs. It's junk.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: