KB944 pistons

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
highstumpr
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: mj

Re: KB944 pistons

Post by highstumpr »

Sorry no rings. Diamond said it was two to four weeks for a set and I'd have to get them thru hesco. I think if you have enough time to call everyone a couple times and then wait for them to call around you might get a break some where. I've already burned more than 200 more in gas driving my 72 GMC backup work truck.
gradon
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6/280ci
Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by gradon »

I was gonna go with the +.020", so it's good to see that the price is still the same as was quoted to me on those. Supposedly the +.060" aren't available yet, but I guess that extra $200 is for the additional .040".
Reelm n Rubi
Learning to use the board

Post by Reelm n Rubi »

The .060 pistons shouldn't be any more money. Just curious why anyone would want to bore a 4.0 any less than .060 over if they're looking for performance gains? Here's some pics of the KB944's (.060) in my new 4.7 .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 Rubicon Automatic
4.7 Stroker with Hesco Aluminum head, .060 KB944 forged pistons, and Comp Cams grind.
Avenger supercharger w/ Split Second Fuel mngmt. system running 6.5 lbs of boost
Full Traction 4" LA , Moser Cro-mo axles with Super joints
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

Reelm n Rubi wrote:The .060 pistons shouldn't be any more money. Just curious why anyone would want to bore a 4.0 any less than .060 over if they're looking for performance gains? Here's some pics of the KB944's (.060) in my new 4.7 .

What header is that if you don't mind me asking...
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire
Reelm n Rubi

Post by Reelm n Rubi »

Rugged Ridge stainless. 1/2 the price of a Borla. I installed the engine and its running beautifully. The header fit excellant and has no leaks. I havent driven it yet though.
2003 Rubicon Automatic
4.7 Stroker with Hesco Aluminum head, .060 KB944 forged pistons, and Comp Cams grind.
Avenger supercharger w/ Split Second Fuel mngmt. system running 6.5 lbs of boost
Full Traction 4" LA , Moser Cro-mo axles with Super joints
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

Reelm n Rubi wrote:Rugged Ridge stainless. 1/2 the price of a Borla. I installed the engine and its running beautifully. The header fit excellant and has no leaks. I havent driven it yet though.
Very nice. I actualy ordered a Rugged Ridge black painted one yesterday. $239 and it looks stout. Hope it won't leak.
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire