cylinder head FAQs

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
John
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Re: cylinder head FAQs

Post by John »

You stand a good chance of being outside the cracking batches, how many miles on the head, as the heads tended to crack around 80thousand miles, a evaluation of the changed head is in progress, but you don't seem to hear about them like we did in 2000 and early 01.
John
the88thpianoman
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: WJ

Post by the88thpianoman »

I'm coming up to 102k miles on that head, so I may be *fingers crossed* in the clear. Will porting it make it more likely to crack, though, or no difference if it's done right?
John
Stroker Displacement: 4.6

Post by John »

Little to no difference if done properly, lots of small stress risers will be polished out. This head shows lots of promise but I don't think it would be the one I would pick for a radical port reshape, but a clean port and polish should only help.
John
the88thpianoman
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Model: WJ

Post by the88thpianoman »

Perfect. I'm not looking to do anything radical, just make it flow enough air to feed 4.5L. I appreciate your help. Any suggestions on finding someone to do the port and polish? I'm not so sure I feel comfortable attempting that process myself.
RAPTORFAN85
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by RAPTORFAN85 »

the88thpianoman wrote:Perfect. I'm not looking to do anything radical, just make it flow enough air to feed 4.5L. I appreciate your help. Any suggestions on finding someone to do the port and polish? I'm not so sure I feel comfortable attempting that process myself.
http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=5&t=300

go into the link and open the other link. check the bottom of the page, some good flow #'s from the inline 6 head.
"Strrrrroke me, stoke me...."

Billy Squire