Multipart question, 4.2/4.0 hybrid, dyno numbers...

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
amcinstaller
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1980
Vehicle Make: AMC
Vehicle Model: Spirit

Re: Multipart question, 4.2/4.0 hybrid, dyno numbers...

Post by amcinstaller »

actually, it very well could be in eaglepedia, but i think some of the exact parts of the story that hes lookin for arent in there yet. alot of the eagle guys are muscle car type guys in that they like their cars to be as original as possible, but sometimes dont want to deal with fuel injection or expensive pistons :D but sometimes, they just wanna pull a little more than the factory rated 120 hp (and tired old down to 80 or 90 hp) out of the engine, without doing a full swap. then add into the equation that a 4.0 swap means tryin to figure how to mount a front axle, sometimes a head swap is all it really needs. nice to know that you could get help from someone who might know the wiring of 4.0 harnesses and understands not everyone needs a land speed record engine ;)
1980 AMC Spirit Restomod in Progress
SilverXJ wrote:Roller rockers won't help that mess you have created. Nor will God for that matter.
EFIeagle
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Post by EFIeagle »

Eliv1, just what I needed, thanks! I'll be able to see what kind of difference my 4.0 cam will make over stock.
EFIeagle
Where's the "any" key?
Where's the "any" key?
Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Model: Eagle

Post by EFIeagle »

AMCinstaller, you hit the nail on the head. I'll have some excellent information to post there once this project is done. I'm not looking for land speed record, I'm just going the cheapest route. Besides, I'd hate to waste that newly rebuilt motor (I didn't spend a dime on that end).
eliv1
I think I'll order a "tab"
I think I'll order a "tab"

Post by eliv1 »

EFIeagle wrote:Eliv1, just what I needed, thanks! I'll be able to see what kind of difference my 4.0 cam will make over stock.
Glad I could help,

I have personal experience too with 4.0L head's on 4.2's.
a friend's CJ, with 4.0L head on a 0.030" overboard 258, got 130RWHP on the dyno.
I drove several CJ's with this conversions, and its nice, but definatly no a stroker, not even close.

IMHO, its not what everyone make's of it, but in your case, you got nothing to loose.
The EFI by itself is a great imporvment, not just for peak HP/torque numbers, but for overall performance and ride quality.
its just more fun to drive and maintain, no annoying carb/ignition tuneups every time.

Good luck.
88 CJ8, 4.5L Stroker ,P&P Head ,Compcam 68-231-4 cam , 4.0L Junkyard MPI , 99 Intake, Borla Header,2.5" Flowmaster + piping,Electric Fans;SUA 4" lift on 33" tires ;4.11's Dana 44 F&R LockRight , High Steer with CTM's ;OBA;Full Cage.