Camshaft Kit 99-04

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
dwg86
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Camshaft Kit 99-04

Post by dwg86 »

I saw this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem= . I sent the guy an email asking if it was a cam for an earlier engine or for the newer engine. This was his response was "the cam nose has a protruding hub with a keyway slot. The earlier cam is flat with a dowel pin".

The last I heard was the newer style cam was not available, at least from CWC cams in USA. So I don't know if this is an off shore cam. I sent an email back asking if he knew where the cam was made. I'm waiting on a reply. If these cams are available...the blanks should be also. I like the way the later style cam is held into the block with a retaining plate. If the blanks are available they could be ground with performance specs. Now we need a double roller for the newer cam.
gremlinsteve
Making Progress
Making Progress

Re: Camshaft Kit 99-04

Post by gremlinsteve »

being that i am a mwd for comp cams, ill give them a call and check on the cam cores.

being that there are only a couple of companies out there that make cam cores and one just went under, its highly unlikely...but i will check.

steve-o
dwg86
Donator
Donator

Post by dwg86 »

The seller replied and said the cam is made in Michigan. He sais that he is backordered from melling and will be another 2-3 weeks before stock arrives. So it sounds like its a Melling cam. If the cam was made in Michigan, I am assuming its a CWC camshaft. So we should be able to get newer style cam blanks.
dwg86
Donator
Donator

Post by dwg86 »

here is a PDF file from Melling. The camshaft part number is MC1377. Its on page 6 of thr PDF file(or sheet 408).
http://www.mellingengine.com/Portals/5/ ... s/jeep.pdf

and the specs for the stock cam...also on page 6 of the PDF file(or sheet 761).
http://www.mellingengine.com/Portals/5/ ... ations.pdf

I'll try to call some cam companies to see if they can get cores.
dwg86
Donator
Donator

Post by dwg86 »

I emailed engine power. Here is thier reply...

David,

I am not sure where Melling is getting these. We still do not have this camshaft in our line. I remember talking to you some time ago about these. We just do not have enough demand to justify the cost of the patterns. We are working on an alternative source but that has not been finalized yet.

We will let everyone know when these are available.

Thank you,

Brian Sipple