build me a stroker?

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
JeepCoMJ

build me a stroker?

Post by JeepCoMJ »

what kind of stroker can I do with using ONLY stock parts (except perhaps pistons)?

I'm obviously using a 258 crank, though i do not want to use the 258 rods (want 4.0 rods...i understand this requires some more expensive pistons), but can live with it IF you don't think I'd break them...

goals would be to obviously avoid pinging, run smooth, and most importantly, run on regular fuel and get some sort of comparable mileage to stock. also do not want to bore at this point in time

options are to do this with an 87 renix motor with borla and your choice of head (have H.O, renix, 2001 H.O.), OR use a 95 H.O. motor as the base and swap the entire system over to the 95 H.O.

...the 95 H.O. is a jasper I believe, with 3000 miles on it, and i would be acquiring it and everything necessary to run it for a moderate price...which would mean my built stroker is out of the budget, but i could still build a mild stroker since I've got the crankshaft already...

thanks guys

(I've done the research, but want first-hand opinions on this and first-hand experience too)
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Re: build me a stroker?

Post by Cheromaniac »

You could do a copy of my "poor man's" simple stroker but instead use the 4.0 rods with KB944 pistons. You could keep the stock bore but since the KB944's are forged, you'll need to have the cylinders rehoned to provide adequate piston-to-bore clearance. Static CR will be just over 9.0:1 without decking the block/heads and you'll be able to run low octane gas.
1992 XJ 4.6 I6 - 5MT - Stroker build-up, Stroker "recipes" Sold
1995 Mustang GT - 4AT - Modded Sold
2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - Modded Midlife Crisis Car :mrgreen: