'00 XJ rebuilt head source/reference

For all non stroker / performance related problems and discussion.
Jim K in PA
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

'00 XJ rebuilt head source/reference

Post by Jim K in PA »

Anyone purchased a rebuilt head from www.cylinderhead.com?

Mark Glew & Company
822 Greenhouse Road
Rockwood, PA 15557

Price is about $300. I have left a message on their voice mail to get details on the core charge and shipping. I am also hoping to be able to get a later 0331.

My son is looking at buying a clean 2000 XJ that has a cracked head. Price for the truck is $1500 with 116k miles on it. They already replaced everything else in the cooling system chasing the problem and gave up. Seems the '99-'00 XJs have a common problem with head cracks.
honkysXJ
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: almost stroked
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Re: '00 XJ rebuilt head source/reference

Post by honkysXJ »

I haven't personally got one from them ,but about 6 months ago I did get a rebuilt 0630 from advance auto for around 300 with a warranty and shipped for free to the local advance. If you wanted the new 0331 head all you would have to do is give them a 02-06 info on the head as 2002 is the year they revised the cracking problem on the head and put that sought after TUPY stamp on them.
Good luck with your decision,I have no complaints with my advance auto head and it was super fast delivery and the price of $.00 was perfect for shipping
Jim K in PA
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Re: '00 XJ rebuilt head source/reference

Post by Jim K in PA »

Thanks honk. I did speak with Sue at cylinderhead.com and she was very helpful. They could not guarantee a specific year casting. The shipping was only $40 (both ways) and the core is only $50!

We decided to go a different route and will not be buying the '00 with the bad head. We found a '96 with a 5 speed that runs great for the same $$ as the '00. No brainer.

Thanks again.

Jim K