4.7L stroker

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
andrewjeep97
Stroker Displacement: 4.7l
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

4.7L stroker

Post by andrewjeep97 »

i am building a 4.7l i6 for my 97' xj, and i have 2 questions. i need to know what upgraded injectors and what upgrated valve springs i need to use. i heard i will have to upgrade both items for better performance and also because stock injectors and springs will not last/work for a 4.7L. links would be much appriciated! i need to start buying now so i can get my build done before my big trip.

thank you.
IH 392
I love JeepStrokers.com!!
I love JeepStrokers.com!!

Re: 4.7L stroker

Post by IH 392 »

The valve springs required will be dependent on the cam you chose?
Blue top Ford injectors, I got mine out of a '96 F350 with a 460 in it.
You can get more power out of ANY engine!!!
ASE Master certified engine machinist, gas and diesel
honkysXJ
I made it to triple digits!
I made it to triple digits!
Stroker Displacement: almost stroked
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: jeep
Vehicle Model: cherokee

Post by honkysXJ »

Injectors yes alot of guys are running ford 24lb injectors, I pulled about 2 dozen in a quick trip to pick apart they were the Denso blue top injectors most Lincoln Mark 8s have em and they're a dime a dozen at most junkyards. For the valve springs from what I've read "it all depends on what camshaft you want to run" the stock springs are rated for 430-440ish
Lift ,I'm in the process of building my stroker now have read a lot and bugged a lot of the guy's on here thats why i say that's what I've read! I've done my research though so whatever you do good luck and if you want to save some bucks on springs look into the mopar #228 or the 229 camshaft there's a few guy's on here running them with the stock springs.
:cheers:
SilverXJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by SilverXJ »

IH 392 wrote:The valve springs required will be dependent on the cam you chose?
To a degree they are. A cam manufacture will recommend x closed seat load and y open load, give or take a few pounds. Then you need to find a spring that meets that requirement and the install dimensions.