Help me build a 4.7L 300hp/300+lbft TorqueRRR

Newbies, and basic Stroker Recipes... Get started with your first stroker here!!
BcurpKodiak
Making Progress
Making Progress
Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: XJ

Re: Help me build a 4.7L 300hp/300+lbft TorqueRRR

Post by BcurpKodiak »

I was reading the chit chat back and forth about the rocker ratio. Do you guys know that Russ can get Harland Sharp 1.65's? That's what I'm running
Redemptioner

Post by Redemptioner »

"Contact Russ Pottenger"

Don't bother, this guy is a lair and a thief, I am over a year in waiting on a refund for goods that were never delivered (1 year waiting on engine, another year trying to get refund). The guy constantly lies, tells you he will can do things he doesn't have the equipment to do, tells you he will do things then never does and gives same lame excuse and unless you are on his doorstep every day you are never going to see your parts or your money.

Happy to post the numerous emails were the guys lies and makes promises he never delivers, still out $4,000USD to this looser....
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

Post by Cheromaniac »

Russ posts here regularly so I'm sure he'll respond.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator
Stroker Displacement: 4.6L
Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Wrangler

Post by SkylinesSuck »

And that would be the first negative thing I've heard anybody say of him. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator

Post by SkylinesSuck »

And just a heads up, I think the word you were trying to type was "loser" unless Russ had become an untied shoelace.
Hedworx
Vehicle Year: 1994

Post by Hedworx »

Russ was very accomodating when helping me formulate a stroker plan. He had one of his ported and polished Edelbrock heads sent to Australia with no issues, I support him 100%. Looking forward to purchasing more parts from him when it comes time to finish my build.
Russ Pottenger
Strong Poster
Strong Poster
Stroker Displacement: 4.7
Vehicle Year: 2000

Post by Russ Pottenger »

Redemptioner wrote: April 4th, 2019, 5:41 pm "Contact Russ Pottenger"

Don't bother, this guy is a lair and a thief, I am over a year in waiting on a refund for goods that were never delivered (1 year waiting on engine, another year trying to get refund). The guy constantly lies, tells you he will can do things he doesn't have the equipment to do, tells you he will do things then never does and gives same lame excuse and unless you are on his doorstep every day you are never going to see your parts or your money.

Happy to post the numerous emails were the guys lies and makes promises he never delivers, still out $4,000USD to this looser....
Wow, You’re really going to jump on someone’s thread to trash talk me.

When you contacted me with the intent of doing a Jeep project with me I offered to sell you a kit including a ported head, intake manifold along with the remaining parts.
You said you would rather have a completely built stroker engine.

I accepted your request to build an engine as long as you are aware of my engine backlogs.
Because I was running into problems and delays upgrading my engine test stand to accommodate fuel injected Jeep engines (The majority of my business is building domestic pushrod drag race engines) , and because I didn’t feel comfortable crating and shipping a untested engine from the States to Australia, I offered an option to expedite the process by building you a full eight machine and blueprinted block, Assembled ported head, Intake, and so on so I could be assembled in your country.

You declined the offer which you have every right to.
A Refund was certainly fair.
Because the parts were purchased and labor done, I told you there was going to be some delay, but you were going to get refunded and that is and has been in progress.

So this doesn’t get into back-and-forth mudslinging, this is the one and only time I’m going to publicly discuss this.

- Russ
Cheromaniac
I live here
I live here
Stroker Displacement: 4563cc
Vehicle Year: 1992

Post by Cheromaniac »

Glad you responded Russ! :rockout:
TJryder
Making Progress
Making Progress
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Model: TJ

Post by TJryder »

Cheromaniac wrote: April 10th, 2019, 2:01 am Glad you responded Russ! :rockout:
+ 1
°O|||||||O°
porkchopfu
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1991

Post by porkchopfu »

+1

Russ has been very forthcoming with me on my build and happily braved my steady stream of questions despite me yet spending a dime. We’ve had some great conversations and I get the feeling he’d be fun to crack a beer with over some smoking pork.

His reputation of top-notch work precedes him and people just need to relax and understand that precision work takes time and our particular project is not his only one.
SkylinesSuck
Donator
Donator

Post by SkylinesSuck »

Now you see why we recommend him so strongly. Russ is a great guy and very patient with us newbs :)